This harissa chicken traybake is my new favourite midweek meal.
Although the slow cooker is amazing for convenience, there’s something brilliant about a traybake that takes you from fridge to table in less than 45 minutes with minimal effort.
This recipe is fantastic because you don’t really need to do anything apart from rip open some packets, pop the lid off a jar and get the oven on.
For the potato wedges, you can cut a corner and buy pre-made ones from the fresh aisle in the supermarket.
However I made mine from scratch, simply parboiling them for five minutes before popping them into the tray with all of the other ingredients.
If you don’t love spice, I think you can substitute the harissa for something like sun-dried tomato paste, which would also go really well with all of these ingredients.
The green veg used here becomes beautifully charred around the edges and takes on the harissa flavour. You could always add whatever your favourite greens are instead of broccoli, asparagus and sugar snap peas.
- 300g skin-on chicken thighs or chicken breasts
- 2tablespoons harissa paste
- 200g mixed pack of tenderstem broccoli, sugar snap peas, asparagus
- 100g Green beans
- 250g Potato wedges
- 100g Spinach
- Lug olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180C (fan) add green veg and wedges to your baking tray.
- Place chicken on top of veg then spoon harissa paste onto the top of the chicken, spread it around the top of the chicken.
- Put a lug of olive oil on top of the ingredients then pop it into the oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and scatter spinach on top of the dish, allowing it to wilt with the heat from the cooked food.