Looking for a creative way to announce your pregnancy?
Waiting those 12 weeks to announce your pregnancy can feel like forever!
So once you finally get to the stage where you can tell the world you are pregnant, you want to do it with a bit of style and fun!
I’ve got some amazing inspiration for pregnancy announcements from fellow parents who took fabulous photos to share their happy news.
Most parents-to-be wait 12 weeks before announcing their pregnancy to friends and family.
This is because most miscarriages will sadly take place in the first three months of pregnancy.
But there are no rules here. You do not have to wait until 12 weeks to tell people you are pregnant.
You don’t even have to tell them at 12 weeks if you really want to keep it a secret for a little longer.
So the timing of the announcement is really up to you and what you feel comfortable with.
Before we get to the pregnancy announcement ideas, here are a few tips for taking great pregnancy photos:
- Get great light. Outside is normally best.
- Take lots of pictures. Even if it’s a very similar shot over and over again, once you look at them for editing you may see that you prefer your expressions in one photo compared to another.
- Use the best camera you have. Smartphones do have increasingly better cameras, but nothing beats a decent DSLR camera at taking quality photos.
- Try using a letter board or other props. Adding some props into your photo can really dial up the fun element of your pregnancy announcement. A letter board can be used for a quote or just stating when you’re due.
- Have fun. This is a special time, and you may look back on these pregnancy photos in years to come, so have fun with it!
Here are some gorgeous and creative pregnancy announcement ideas to inspire you!
Pregnancy announcement on the beach
Balloon pop pregnancy announcement
Balloons are a great way to announce your pregnancy. This one has been used by Thimble and Twig to announce her fourth baby, but you could use it for a second child or even a first if you and your other half get in the photo instead of the kids.
Simple and beautiful
Another fab announcement idea from Surrey Mama
This one is via Rice Cakes and Raisins
Scan picture flatlay
A flatlay is a great opportunity to be creative. Add flowers and other props or stick with a pretty letter board like Caitlys.
Using T-shirts is a great prop idea for your pregnancy announcement. There are tons of tees you can get on Etsy or Amazon to help you with this! This lovely pic is via Oreos and Gin
Russian dolls pregnancy announcement
I love this idea, it’s so unique and creative. Take a photo of them to be put on social media or give the dolls as a gift to a relative to let them know you’re pregnant. This idea is via Little Hearts Big Love
I love this beautiful idea for foodies from 4 the Love of Food
This board announcement is a pretty idea from Simplify Create Inspire
From above bump shot
Funny chaos with a chalkboard
Via Aimee Moyer
Via Azure Marhanka
Get the pets involved
You may also like:
Ultimate pregnancy to-do list
Things to do in the final month of pregnancy
500+ baby name ideas